Maintenance of a generator is important to ensure that the equipment will properly operate and will last for a long time. It also eliminates the occurrence of any accidents or more costly repairs which may happen if service of the generator is not done properly. Only if maintenance service is done for generators will it function efficiently without any hindrance during the time of power failures. Defects, leakages, and other damages/faults should be examined and looked into in detail. The overall performance of the generator and its condition should also be looked into. For efficient generator maintenance you have to hire a professional generator maintenance company in UAE. They will have proper knowledge and expertise about the maintenance. ATS Electrical Generator TR.LLC, is the top generator maintenance company in UAE having comprehensive knowledge and experience for maintenance and generators repairing Sharjah.
While searching for generators repairing Sharjah you have to consider whether they:
- have experience and good reputation
- have positive reviews
- provide comprehensive service
- offer the service at reasonable rate
- are responsive
- will meet your requirement on time
Importance of generator maintenance:
Eliminates the issue of fuel
Issues like blocked fuel injectors, dead batteries and algae build up can happen if fuel system is not checked and fuel is not replaced.
Reduces future cost and expenses
If maintenance is not done then the generator and its components will eventually incur long term expenses and cost. There is even a chance that you might end up having to change the whole unit.
Makes the generator long lasting
With proper maintenance the generator will work and last for long time.
Improved and increased efficiency
Without maintenance the generator will gradually stop operating efficiently. It will also ensure that generator will run smoothly during power cuts.
For safety and operating efficiency there are checklists for daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual as well as annual maintenance which have to be followed routinely. Here let us discuss about the annual generator maintenance and generators repairing Sharjah checklist.
Checklist – Annual Generator Maintenance
- The electrical system of the generator has to be checked. Not only external wiring internal wiring of the system should also be checked.
- Clean the dirt and dust and tighten the wires.
- Check the overall appearance and condition of the generator.
- Replace the oil.
- Change the fuel filter.
- Examine the fan tension.
- Change the air filter.
- Coolant level has to be inspected.
- Level of battery electrolyte.
- Check the working of the cooling thermostat.
- Examine the alternator and the regulator.
- Inspect the day tank pump and the level switches.
- Examine the cooling system and engine block heater.
- Find if there are any leaks or residues.
- Examine and clean generator brush and brush holders.
- Check the exciter.
- Engine and generator set control have to be looked into.
- Safety shutdown devices and errors like failed start, high temperature cut off, speed cut-off etc should be checked.
- Tighten the mounting bolts clean wipe unit crankcase breather etc.
- The generator has to be run and inspected for voltage and frequency.