Synchronization is the process in which two or more generators operate parallel to each other and sets a load sharing. The process happens when frequency, voltage, phase rotation and phase angle of every alternators becomes same. Current synchronization processes utilizes DG Synchronizing controller to monitor, control and protect without a manual work. For establishing synchronism, you need Line Voltage Monitor, DG Sync. Controller, Electrically operated ACBs, DG Income feeders, Current transformers, Basic electrical protective relays, Temperature scanner, battery charger and Instrumentation circuitry from DG to DG control panel. Find functional deep sea electronics generator controller, UAE from ATS Electrical Generator TR. LLC.
DSE Steps to successful synchronizing and load sharing- DSE 8610 MKII
The DSE 8610 MKII manual says, failure to perform the control steps will affects the engine & alternator. The control process is important for a stable synchronizing, stable kW & KVAR load sharing.
- The first step in control process is to determine the connections and settings for governors. Before starting, ensure the governor is connected to a Dead Bus Bar with no Loads connected. Open the generator breaker and set the generator for running at a normal frequency. Now connect the DSE module to the governor.
- To adjust the governor SW1, first start the generator and open the breaker. Check the drive direction and if the frequency increases when SW1 is decreased, mark the option Output Reversed. The nominal frequency of generator should be 50 Hz- 60 Hz. Therefore, adjust SW1 setting for the governor to reach the nominal frequency. Now you can stop the generator as SW1 is complete.
- To adjust the governor SW2, first raise the setting of nominal frequency by 2.5 Hz. Now start the generator to run at the setting of SW1 with the breaker being opened. Then close the generator breaker on to a Dead Bus Bar with no loads connected. You will see the generator frequency starts increasing towards the new nominal frequency setting. If this is not achieved, adjust SW2 and keep adjusting it to ensure Governor Drive reads within 75%- 85%. Now stop the generator and decrease the setting of the nominal frequency by 2.5Hz.
- Then start the generator to run at a setting of SW1. Close the Generator Breaker on to a Dead Bus Bar with no Loads connected. You will see that the generator frequency decrease towards the new nominal frequency. Now adjust SW2 to ensure Governor Drive reads within 75%-85%. Change the nominal frequency setting back to the actual nominal frequency.
- The second step is to determine connections & settings for AVRS. This process should be done only after completing the setting up of SW1 & SW2 for the governor. Do the initial processes just like in governor and start adjusting AVR SW1.
- Open the breaker and start the generator. Check the direction of drive and adjust the SW1 setting for the AVRT till the generator runs at nominal voltage. Stop the generator now.
- To adjust AVR SW2, increase the nominal voltage setting by 10%. Open the breaker and start the generator to run at setting of SW1. Now close the generator breaker and see whether the generator voltage increase towards new nominal voltage setting. Adjust SW2 to achive this and keep adjusting to ensure AVR Drive reads within 75%-85%. Then stop the generator and decrease the normal voltage setting by 10%.
Metering steps are important to get a correct power factor and kW calculations. Ensure CTs are not carrying current and are short circuit connected to avoid dangers.
- CTS on the right phase- First ensure the CTs on L1, L2 & L3 are connected to the respective DSE connection modules. Test it by loading the generator with a resistive load across the 3 phases. It displays unity power factor (1.0f) if the CTs are wired properly.
- CTS in the right direction- Make sure that CTs are in the right phase before going to the next step. Now ensure the CTs on L1, L2 & L3 have been mounted properly & the S1 & S2 are not swapped over. Test it by loading the generator with a resistive load across the 3 phases. You can see positive kW, if CTs, S1, S2 are properly wired.
Communication steps are important for better communication between controllers & other DSE controllers.
First ensure every module is connected on the MSC link and is communicating properly. The sets on the Bus must be equal to the number of DSE8 * 10s on the MSC link. The Mains Controllers ON the Bus and the combined number of DSE8 * 60s & DSE8 * 80s on the MSC link must be same. Find the faults in the modules by connecting into each module separately until the Sets on the Bus reports 1.
4. Sync Checks
Check whether the sensing cables of all modules are connected to the correct phases and the load switch of generator has been correctly connected. Do the test properly for avoiding the DSE module sensing both sides of the breaker as in sync. Test this by starting the generator with the DSE module while the load switch is in ON mode. Start the generator common Bus and connect a voltage meter to measure the AC voltage when the DSE module shows the 2 supplies in sync.
Deep sea electronics generator controller, UAE is an innovative range of control solutions for single & multiple generators, safety relays for power, lighting tower control solutions, AVRs, remote communications and expansion modules. The variety of modules & product specifications for deep sea generators are regulated by newest technology methods, which make it easier to efficiently obtain additional power sources.
ATS Electrical Generator TR. LLC
We are the leading generator suppliers in Sharjah, functioning with a mission to design & manufacture highly reliable electric generator products & devices at affordable prices. We supply, repair & do maintenance works for generators, utilizing revolutionary & innovative technologies to provide a complete solution in every possible manner. We supply a whole line of diesel generators, switch gears, Tower lights, voltage regulators and deep sea electronics generator controller, UAE.