How to detect tower light failure easily?
The companies with the tower sites depend on the monitoring of their infrastructure. Tower lights are carefully monitored by the technicians that are responsible for the electrical equipment.
Tower light suppliers in UAE have expert technicians driving through the different locations for physical verification of the installed tower lights. In case of any failure, there would be nothing known till there the tower lights stop working or a mishap might completely turn it off. There are many practical cases through which the suppliers undergo for making your lights in a state of working condition. The monitoring technology makes it easy to detect the outages or the issues leading to such problems.
The main voltage stabilizer supplier in UAE has detected the ways to detect the tower light failures and what could be done to prevent them:
Reasons for causing Tower Light Outages
It is essential to recognize the common causes of these major issues to make plans for handling the tower light outages:
• Power outages: The primary reason for a tower light outage is the failure of the power supply at the tower site. If there is not a reliable backup power supply, the complete site will get dark.
• Power supply backup failure: Power loss could be there on any site. There are redundant backup systems but when it is not clear about taking them over, there would be no way to interfere. When the backup system fails, the tower light outages can’t be controlled.
It is the primary need to keep on monitoring the power solutions and the battery backups with the visibility over the battery conductance, resistance, temperature, and voltage. There are some key indications for giving the warning for battery deterioration and that can be avoided by keeping a check over the battery systems.
If you do not have the remote monitoring systems for keeping a check at your tower sites, the system would be at a risk to get faulty with the issues like power outages or backup failures.
Tower Site Failure Threats
A reliable tower light supplier in UAE gives you the appropriate option that regular monitoring is not the most preferred option. You need to protect your company from the major threats that could occur to the tower sites. These high locations are hazardous to the aircraft. Some threats might affect day-to-day operations and the problems that might arise from the tower sites with lesser or no monitoring at all.
In case of tower light failure, it becomes dangerous to the low flying aircraft. There are high fines implied for not informing Federal Communications Commission or Federal Aviation Administration within 30 minutes for the tower light fault. In case of a failure, there could be a huge fine implied for the same. There could be a backup done in fixing the outages. The customers might have to choose another provider for the case of chronic downtime or servicing outages.
Remote Monitoring Systems installed for Detection of tower light failures
Antenna towers are alarming and there are some threats faced at the sites. The outages affect the daily operations and increase the chances of liability and imposition of fines. A quality tower light remote monitoring is a solution for the same.
RTU (Remote Telemetry Unit) is the beginning point of the monitoring system available 24/7. The previous monitoring systems were expensive and could cause failures with power outages and lightning damages. Previously, the generators repairing in Sharjah and UAE was quite common for the backup systems but RTUs have added a high value to the tower networks.
What to look for in the Tower Light Monitoring Remote Telemetry Unit?
It is important to deploy the advanced gearing system, it is essential to deploy the advanced gear system. You need to monitor your system for reliable visibility of tower lights. You need to select a device featuring these practices:
1) Quick and detailed notifications: Your monitoring system requires actionable and detailed notifications for preventing tower light issues. The complete visibility over tower lights is important and the workers need to speed up the repairing time to assure better uptime. The monitoring system must be reachable 24X7 and RTU must give regular notifications.
2) Analysis of trend: RTUs can help in the quickest resolution of the problems leading to the tower light outages. Analyzing the trend is important and examination of network data can identify the conditions that you can’t see by viewing the alarming events in resolution. It can encourage the causes and eliminates them. Trend analysis can work on prevention of tower light outages before they even occur.
3) Web interface: Web interfaces provided by RTUs allow for alarm information access from any workstation on the network. RTU is a handy tool for improving remote sites’ visibility. The interface given has to be password protected to ensure important data security.
4) Derived controls: Derived alarms can occur when there is a failure event occurring. Power failure, low battery, and system outages are critical alarms. Derived controls are the automated responses to the alarm combinations and there are measures undertaken for correction of network threats within seconds.
5) Alternative path reporting: Alternative data path is essential for effective remote monitoring to get into action if the primary data path gets any failure.
Tower lights monitoring is not easy. There are many aspects considered and the correct equipment is taken for your application. Al Taqah is a renowned Tower light supplier in UAE with a presence all over the globe. We have the most cost-effective solutions with the best quality tower-light systems. We are the best generator maintenance company in Sharjah and UAE catering to all the requirements of the customers.
There are many different types of lighting solutions available with different levels of efficiency and safety. The important considerations need to be looked at for making the choice. You can get assistance for the installation of the tower lights for area selection, mounting options, buzzer alarm, and other requirements from our experts. Feel free to contact for any requirements.